The National Kidney Foundation of Maryland (NKF-MD) is committed to protecting the privacy of its visitors. Information gathered through the NKF-MD web site is used to monitor our site's effectiveness and to respond to your questions and requests.
What information do we collect and how do we use it?
Through this site we collect information about the domain name (.com, .net, .edu, .gov) of a visitor's server (i.e., the name of the Internet service provider's computer that funnels traffic to the Internet) but use it only for measurement purposes. These measurements provide web site statistics such as the number of visitors, "hits" and top pages transmitted. Knowing how the site is used helps us develop plans for improvement of the site. The data we collect are totals of those visiting from a domain and not information on individual visitors.
- We do not automatically collect e-mail addresses or other personal information unless you provide it on a form or survey. The information we collect is used in the following ways:
- The National Kidney Foundation of Maryland does not sell, trade, or rent personal information about its Web site visitors. You may request to have your name removed from these mailing lists. Please e-mail us at email@example.com and provide your full name, mailing address, and a sentence requesting deletion of your postal information from our files.
- E-mail addresses provided to us are used to distribute e-mail advocacy alerts, e-newsletters and various NKF-MD updates. In these cases, the visitor will have the opportunity to "unsubscribe" or request removal from future e-mail advocacy or update mailing lists.
- When you make a donation or purchase online, we need to know your name, e-mail address, mailing address, credit card number and expiration date. This allows us to process, fulfill, and acknowledge your order or donation. Secure server software encrypts all information you input before it is sent to us.
- You may receive periodic mailings from the National Kidney Foundation of Maryland via the U.S. mail. If you do not wish to receive such mailings please provide your full name, mailing address, and a sentence requesting deletion of your postal information from our files, and e-mail it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
By using the National Kidney Foundation of Maryland Web site, you consent to the collection and use of the information described above. Any changes to this policy will be posted prior to their implementation.